Heavenly Father sure looks out for his children! And I am so
grateful that he sends me people that know more than me. The other day I was doing my morning workout and I had Whitney sitting in her high chair that attaches to the counter. I had just cut her a pare and set the knife on the
counter, thinking that it was out of reach from Whitney. So I was doing my workout, really getting into it and I look over at my daughter. She was holding the knife in her hand by the blade. I ran over to get the knife out of her hand and as I
tried to pull it from her death grip the knife sliced through her finger. When I saw what had happen I felt like I was going to faint. I was mortified. I prayed to my father in Heaven that I would be able to know what I should do. So I covered it with a towel and called my mother :)
hehe! Mom came over right away and helped me drive her to the doctors office in Shoshone. They did such a great job
stitching that tiny little finger. The doctor even sang " I am a child of God" with me as she
stitched. And now all is well. they got the job done and Whitney knows that when mom says to let go she need to let go. And mom knows that she must keep knifes out of the reach of children, even though that reach seems to change everyday! :) These are the bandages, she only had to get
stitches in her middle finger but her
pinkie, ring finger, and her pointer finger all got smaller cuts on them, so we put
bandages on them. it was so sad.



Here is
Whitney on the day that she got the stitches out. She was happy as a lark, until she saw the doctor that had given her the
stitches then she remember where she was but she did great. I think she was
surprised herself at how much getting the
stitches out did not hurt.


5 comments:
hey i can be twins with your daughter. i've got a few more stitches though. i bet that was scary, i'm glad everything is ok.
Oh no! It can happen to the best of us moms. Glad to hear she is doing good though! Hope to see you guys at story time again. Jolene
poor little girl! i can't tell you how many times cruise has cut himself, but they're always in places that cannot be stiched, like his mouth. i hate that feeling when you seem like you really don't know what to do and are trying not to freak out. i'm glad she's all better and that everything is okay.
aren't parents wonderful. i know my mom is the same way. i would of probley fainted with you. (gosh after all these years you still spell my name wrong haha) glad she is ok though...
tiffanie
Oh, wow, I remeber that feeling when wesley fell on a can outside and had to get one stich in his upper lip. I have to admit that I've found madi holding a knife, and I've found taht my initial reaction is to freak and snatch it, but I controled myself and calmly walked over and said in my nicest voice, no madi that is not for you. Luckily she chose not to tighten her grip but let me take it away. It can happen to the best of us. love ya tons
Post a Comment