This morning I was doing scripture time with Whitney and she chose this picture to talk about. So I held it up and said, "I see Jesus, Whitney what do you see." She then said, "I see the angels." Then I asked her what Jesus was coming out of. She couldn't tell me that he was in the clouds so I took her outside. I pointed to the clouds and said," Those are called clouds, and when Jesus comes he will come out of those clouds." I looked like an light had just turned on in Whitney head and she all of a sudden got very interested in what I was saying. She began to ask questions, She asked, "What will Jesus say?" That question took me of guard a little and I couldn't really think of the answer. Then answering her own question and looking up at the sky, and the puffy clouds she said in a very excited voice. " Jesus will say my name, WHITNEY." She continued to say, " Than he will say your name, and Lance's name, and Daddy's name, and he will talk to me." Overcome with feelings of joy and truth, I told her that she was probably right. Then she said, " I going to sit right here and wait for him to come, so I can see his face." And there she sat for quite a long while, for a three year old, just looking up!! I had to go to the bathroom so I left her sitting there in the doorway. From the bathroom I heard my elated child screaming to her daddy who had just pulled up, "DADDY, JESUS IS COMING TO TALK TO ME!!!" When I came out of the bathroom I was very sad that I was not their when Berny heard her say this just to see his face. By the time I got there Berny looked as if he had just swallow a time bomb, as he said to Whitney, "but I'm not ready!" That taught me a really good lesson, We better get ready!! I want to be one of the one sitting outside my doorstep waiting for Jesus to come and talk to me when he comes, I want to be ready! The most fascinating this about this story was that Whitney is the type of child that is very cautious, even if there is absolutely no reason that I can think of to be afraid of something she will find a way to be afraid of it, for example; when I told her that Santa Clause was coming to our house to give her presents she said that she didn't want him to come. He needed to just stay at his own house. So the fact that she reacted this way to Jesus coming out of the clouds to talk to her, really made me feel like her spirit was remember her savior and she was remembering that she was looking forward to this day. She could feel that Jesus loves her so much that there was no reason to be afraid, but to be overly excited. Like the way that she gets when she know grandma or one of her cousin is coming to visit. She is such a special girl and I am truly blessed to be able to be her mother!!



1 comment:
That is so sweet! I love how children are so innocent and they just absorb the truth so much faster than we do and they love the Savior. Maybe that is part of what He meant when He told us to be as little children.
Post a Comment