Way back in October Berny and I decided that it would be a good thing for our family if he apply for ISP (Idaho State Police). There were over 200 applicants so we weren't sure if we would have a chance but we knew it was the right time to try. The application process was very long and grueling. Berny had to go to Boise twice for polygraph, psychological evaluation, interview, and physical fitness test. He also and to take a test online that was like an ACT test and had an extensive background test. I kept asking him when his swim suit competition was going to be the whole thing reminded me of a beauty pageant. I was really impressed with how important honesty was to them, they will drop you even if they think you are being the slightest bit dishonest. Which is definitely Berny's strong point, for example; when he was taking the test it was one that he was able to taking online and someone told him that they don't ask you if you used anything or anyone to help you with the test. But Berny did not feel right about that and even though I was here when he took it he went down stairs just so that he would not be tempted to ask for help. I love that about him, he would never sacrifice his integrity even if that means he might to get a job that would really help our family.
Well we just found out that Berny has been hired on to be a trooper with the Idaho State Police. He will be going to a 12 week high intensity training in Sept. He has to be able to start off running 5 miles and they told him that if he cant do that by the time he gets there they will pack his bags for him. YIKES! But that has really inspired Berny. He has been working out harder than I have ever seen him, and he is loosing weight everyday.
Here is the Testimony on tithing. After I found out that Berny had gotten the job I knew that it was a miracle. He has only been a police officer for 2 years and there were so many applicants. So I felt so much gratitude when I found out. In fact the day I found out, Berny call me and said, "I have the bad news for you...... I didn't get the job." My heart sunk and I realized in that moment how much I had been depending on him to make it. Just as I was getting ready to sob Berny dropped the ruse and told me he was kidding and that he had gotten it. Once I knew the truth I felt so much joy toward my Heavenly Father that I gave a prayer of thanks. After my pray I got the strongest feeling that we were blessed because we pay our tithing!! and I have felt that same feeling about this situation multiple time since that moment. Tithing really does give you and advantage, like a head start in a race, now we must keep the lead but enduring to the end in faith and humility!! Good Luck at the Academy I love you Berny!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment